Re: [med-svn] r3314 - trunk/packages/gdcm/trunk/debian

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

That's something I misunderstood also myself. I thought I was supposed
to provide the copyright for the installed binary, while it seems you
need to provide a copyright for the original source code.
Since gdcm builds on Win32 system a couple of copyright (BSD
compatible) are needed:

* a C99 replacement for stdint.h
* getopt

Those files are not installed on *nix system.

Ahh, OK, this makes sense.  If there would be an *additional* reason
to rebuild the source package (saving considerable amount of size, removing
unneded binaries whatever - I havn't checked the file) I would probably
consider repackaging the source tarball in a get-orig-source target.
So we might be able to get rid of things which are just a burden to
maintain the copyright file.  But that's perfectly up to you as the
maintainer - just a hint.

Very big thank to Steve for his tremendous work on the gdcm package,
thank you very *very* much !

Thank you both!