Re: Tasks: Typesetting addition

Und es begab sich am 20.03.2009 00:07, dass Andreas Tille schrieb:
> On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Jan Beyer wrote:
>
>> A question which is somehow related to my above stated one: Do we
>> actually need a separate task typesetting in Debian Med or can we use
>> the one from Debian Science (which contains many more programs)?
>
> Well, med-typesetting was just first. ;-)
> Honestly I think we should provide a separate med-typesetting
> package to comfort our users who might be "blind" about science
> packages.  The question is whether we technically "synchronise"
> the content as science-biology is doing with med-bio.  The technical
> infrastructure to do so will be enhanced in the future.
>
>> If we
>> aim at a different group of people, then, of course, yes. But what, if
>> the groups actually are not so different, regarding their
>> "typesetting-habits"?
>>
>> Just some thoughts...
>
> The thought is good.  We might simply suggest science-typesetting
> for the moment.  What do you think?
If there's just "science-typesetting" in the Suggests:, then it's hard to
know beforehand, which packages are actually going to be installed. But for
the moment, it is probably good enough.

A better solution would probably be to be able to include all the packages
that science-typesetting depends on/suggests automatically as
Suggests:/Depends: into med-typesetting.
But maybe, that would be overengineering it. A simple cut'n'paste from their
tasks-file might be enough every now and then... Probably after some
stabilization period, these files aren't going to change that
often/drastically anyway...

Jan