Re: Micro Manager

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009, Johan Henriksson wrote:

http://mahogny.areta.org/temp/debs/

and here it is. I'm actually maintaining the linux port. unfortunately
there is a pile of dirty licenses involved so I'm not sure this is ready
for debian yet. for example, some of the code cannot be given out and
some drivers require kernel modules to be built. you have to sign NDAs
to get access to all the code. not fun at all.

Thanks for this clarification.  I updated the information at

  http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging.html#micromanager

Please verify that the information is correct and reflects the current
state of our knowledge.  I would like to discuss two questions:

  1. Is there a chance to make reasonable packages from the
     free parts and leave the non-free part at a separate place.
  2. Anybody willing to ask upstream to clean up their licenses?