Re: GDCM 2.0.6 is out !

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

understood. I'll be happy with any other system, for now it was just
very convenient for me.

Sure.  That's why I tried to explain patiently why a think which might
be convenient for the first time mighht cause problems.  It is no shame
in it if you as a Debian newcomer handle things this way.  My suggestion
would be to release another point release without this dir and all things
are fine.

Done: malat-guest

... is now a member of Debian-Med team and have commit permissions.

Never heard of this tool, will look into it ASAP.

It is very useful because it builds in a clean chroot system.  You
have no chance to forget build dependencies which are often installed
opn developer machines and thus the build works on the local developer
machine.  Pbuilder has a clean chroot with very basic packages, installs
all Build dependencies automatically and then tries to compile.  If a
build fails because a build-depends is missing you will immediately
notice.  Moreover you can build against different distributions when
maintaining a stable / testting / unstable / whatever pbuilder chroot.

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdmc/trunk/debian/?rev=0&sc=0

Ok, then if you grant me write access, my first task will be to fix
the spelling :)

gdmc -> gdcm

Uhmm, sorry.  I'm so addicted to mc that I alsways tend to spell the
combination of 'c' and 'm' as "mc" - please forgive me even future misspellings
of this. ;-)  And, for sure, I fixed the problem caused ba me myself ...

those are only warnings the error must have been earlier (make -j4 was
hardcoded in the rules file so it takes a couple more iteration for
make to actually stop on the error).

Ahh, OK, I trust you will be able to fix this problem because you know the
code at best ...