Re: GDCM 2.0.6 is out !

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

I have just release GDCM 2.0.6. See link for more info:

http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/GDCM_Release_2.0#GDCM_2.0.6

I have completely rework the debian/* files so the package should be a
valid debian package out of the box.

Many thanls for keeping us informed.  I'll just have a look onto this.
I don not remember whether I mentioned in previous mails that keeping
the debian directory in the upstream source is depreciated for several
reasons.  If you are interested I could try to assemble a list of
several postings on Debian related lists.  Another problem I'm currently
facing by this approach is that Debian Med packaging policy says that
only the difference to the upstream source should be kept in Debian Med
SVN, which is in principle the debian directory.  But what should I
put into SVN if debian is part of the upstream source?

If you are convinced that shipping the debian dir with upstream source
is not a really clever way and want to store it rather in our SVN, just
tell me and I'll grant you access.

Let me know if you find anything wrong,

I tried to build the package and got:

-- Looking for _stricmp
-- Looking for _stricmp - not found
-- Looking for _strnicmp
-- Looking for _strnicmp - not found
-- Looking for _snprintf
-- Looking for _snprintf - not found
CMake Error: VTK not found.  Set the VTK_DIR cmake cache entry to the directory containing VTKConfig.cmake.  This is either the root of the build tree, or PREFIX/lib/vtk for an installation.  For VTK 4.0, this is the location of UseVTK.cmake.  This is either the root of the build tree or PREFIX/include/vtk for an installation.
-- Configuring done
make: *** [debian/configure-python2.4-stamp] Fehler 255
dpkg-buildpackage: Fehlschlag: debian/rules build gab Fehler-Exitstatus 2
error: cannot find binary, udeb or source package *.deb in dist or lab (skipping)

I guess the reason might be a missing build depends (but this is just a wild guess).

I'm really happy about your obvious and continuos interest in the Debian Med project
and I hope that we now can really stort working on this.  Even if I'm currently
overloaded with DebConf stuff perhaps some volunteers might start working together
with you.