Re: Better l10n for CDDs (was: Re: [med-svn] r1978 - in trunk/community: infrastructure/scripts website)

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008, David Paleino wrote:

IMHO a better approach would have been to use "parameters" inside i18n
strings. That is, instead of: [..]

This means, see r1979 for an example of what I meant.

As I said I understood your arguing, but your commit does not work
properly because it results in

    This is a list of the Tasks <span></span> is made of:

This also ensures that
translations made by a group are available also to other groups! :)

This is in fact the final goal, but as I said my plan is to create one
static HTML page püer language and leave the language detection to
the web server (at least I heard this as recommendation - I don't know
how reliebale this works on alioth).  The rationale is to reduce the
burden for alioth and even more importantly for my nerves, because
I always have to wait for 10 seconds at least until our content filter
found out that the content of this page is harmless.  Somehow the
current PHP code seems to work very inefficiently when content filters
are involved and I would like to avoid this.