Re: Mime types for medical data formats

Le Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 08:10:12AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> Now I wonder whether we could assemble general mime information for
> several biological data formats to enable applications to detect whether
> files have the format they should have.  I think this would be of great
> profit for many applications to be able to easily verify that the input
> format fits the format the applications wants to work with.

Hi Andreas,

Indeed, my initial approach of having the definition in the packages
using them is not sustainable.

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMedMIME

Although I was initially thinking that it would be better to to this for
Lenny+1, why not moving all of this to a med-* CDD package… Shall we
create med-mime, or use something like med-common ? Once this is
decided, I can move the entries I created and correct the packages in
which they are currently stored.

PS: Pity that ABI did not respond. By the way, I found another package
that can read Abif files, both .ab1 and .fsa, although I do not know it
it can be useful with the .ab1 files.
http://sourcesup.cru.fr/projects/abiftake/

Have a nice day,

--