Re: State of the project - input needed

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 10:24:20AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Debian might become the distribution of choice for medical staff and
> biological scientists

I've been thinking about letting you know earlier, but here's some info
anyway.  I have been packaging a userspace driver for the USB
photospectrometers made by Avantes (http://www.avantes.com).  So far, I
have only sent it to them and not published anywhere else.  This is
mostly because it uses my personal library, and I want to properly
package that (including symbol versions, for example).  Since the
interface of it hasn't been entirely stable, I delayed that.

Do you think a photospectrometer driver (including a graphical client
and scriptable commandline interface) are a valuable addition for
Debian-Med?

Would you like to team-maintain the package?

Thanks for your input,
Bas Wijnen

Ps: As the headers say, I'm not subscribed, so please keep me in the CC.

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html