Re: Vista [Was: ODIN]

Am Mittwoch, den 23.01.2008, 14:33 +0100 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Gert Wollny wrote:
>
> Could you add some URLs to make sure that we will not spend our
> time on "the messy one".  I'm aware of
>
>      http://mia.sourceforge.net/

The Url is okay, everything is hosted there, the difference is in the
download page. A stable snapshot of the current project is:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mia/mia-2.0.0-beta1-src.tar.bz2

In essence this package includes some 2d and 3d image filtering and
fluid image registration.

Hard dependencies are:
	C/C++ compiler (gcc >= 3.3)
	cmake >= 2.4.7
	boost >= 1.34.1
Soft dependencies on free software
        libpng
        libtiff
        OpenOXR
Soft dependencies on non-free software (no added functionality, just
add on modules to make MIA callable)
	MatLab >= 7.1
	IDL    >= 6.3

The other tarballs are for surface extraction and visualisation, and if
I find the time I will port them to the new interface.

> As a hint I would inform the original authors that there is some
> continued development of a fork of some part of their code.  May be
> they are interested in this development and some useful cooperation
> might be established.
When I moved vista to automake, I contacted them which essentially
resulted in a link from the Vista home page to my sourceforge page.
More interesting would be to know, who else is using the Vista library
to see what parts are of actual interest. The original library includes
e.g. command line parsing and visualisation tools which could be
provided by separate packages.

Best

Gert