Re: State of the project - input needed

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Bas Wijnen wrote:

I've been thinking about letting you know earlier, but here's some info
anyway.  I have been packaging a userspace driver for the USB
photospectrometers made by Avantes (http://www.avantes.com).  So far, I
have only sent it to them and not published anywhere else.  This is
mostly because it uses my personal library, and I want to properly
package that (including symbol versions, for example).  Since the
interface of it hasn't been entirely stable, I delayed that.

Do you think a photospectrometer driver (including a graphical client
and scriptable commandline interface) are a valuable addition for
Debian-Med?

I think so but I would like to hear more opinions because I'm not really
working with those devices and personally have no idea about its use in
medical care.  I assume that people agree but I think we would also need
a further section.  It might fit into med-physics or med-imaging but
perhaps we need something like med-devices or med-drivers or something
like that.

What do you think about this?

Would you like to team-maintain the package?

Definitely.  We try to team maintain any package which is relevant
for our project.  I would add you to the alioth project to grant you
sommit rights to our SVN.

Thanks for your input,

Thanks for your work