Vista [Was: ODIN]

Hi all,

actually, the Vista project is not really under active development. Since
in the MIA project I was only interested in the IO-stuff it got stripped
down to exactly that part which is now called vistaio. On they way one
of my colleagues (at that time) advised a student to add some Doxygen
comments and re-branded the license from the original BSD-like to GPL (I
have no idea if this is legal).

Since the first implementation of MIA is kind of a mess, I rebooted the
project last spring and reimplemented most of the image processing
stuff. Since this project needs also to be run in MS Windows and be
callable from MatLab and IDL, I made the vistaio part of the source
tree, witch seems to be the only way to get save dynamic linking on this
platform. To avoid naming conflicts the included vistaio creates a
shared object "vistaio-minimal".
Because of it's cross platform nature, mia2 uses CMake as build tool.

I hope that sheds some light on the state of affairs, don't hesitated to
contact me in case of further questions.

Best

Gert

PS: This e-mail-address is spammed anyway, but to me it seems, the
archive of this list makes it an easy job for address harvesting bots ...