Re: SVN checkin

Hi,

Andreas Tille wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:

I would say that a new package is ready when it has useful content that
"just works", has no lintian issues and can be built with pbuilder.

These are the main technical criteria I would definitely check before
I would upload a package.  I would put on my sponsor hat to verify
your package if _you_ say: I consider it ready for upload.  If I checked
the package and completely agree with you I would go for the upload.

Regarding mustang, it is lintian clean, it "just works", and I do consider it ready for upload. (Of course I can't promise it's without bugs, but the program has been available through Ubuntu 7.10 for some months now, and there have been no bug reports. It could be, of course, that no one has been using it :-)). When mustang comes available in Sid, I will ask the Ubuntu maintainers to sync it.

Wrt. btk-core, I have written the developers concerning the shared library question (and attached the man pages I authored). I will await their answer, and if successful, provide the shared library in a separate binary package. I agree that it is indeed best to include that in the distribution, but I do think that the decision for creating it must come from upstream.

Cheers,
Morten

--
Morten Kjeldgaard, Asc. professor, Ph.D.
Department of Molecular Biology, Aarhus University