Re: SVN checkin

Le Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 11:37:00PM +0100, Morten Kjeldgaard a écrit :

> BTW, how is it decided when a package is "ready to upload"? Of course
> there will always be issues like the missing shared library in btk-
> core we discussed earlier, but I would suggest to defer this to a
> future update of the package.

Hi Morten,

I would say that a new package is ready when it has useful content that
"just works", has no lintian issues and can be built with pbuilder. If
you think that it does not provide all the functionalities that users
would expect, or that it may have bugs but that you need users to test
it, you can target it to the experimental section of Debian instead of
Sid:

http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-resources.en.html#s-experimental

Of course, the copyright file must be bulletproof for getting through
the NEW queue, but it seems to be the case for mustang and btk.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org