Re: debian package : VTK 5.2

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 10:51 PM, Steve M. Robbins <steve@sumost.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 05:08:33PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> Just FYI:
>>
>> http://gdcm.svn.sf.net/viewvc/gdcm/Sandbox/debian-med/vtk/
>>
>> Just like there is an insighttoolkit in debian-med, does it make sense
>> to have an unofficial vtk package in debian-med ?
>
> Just for clarity: the insighttoolkit in the debian-med SVN repository
> is the OFFICIAL source of Debian packages of ITK.  There's nothing
> unofficial about it.

ooops... I meant to say dcmtk :)
dcmtk is AFAIK *un*officially maintained in debian-med, right ?

> I'm not sure it makes sense to have UNofficial packaging of anything
> in debian-med.  Is that a common practice?

That's my question...

> Coincidentally, a couple of days ago I asked the vtk maintainer
> whether he would be interested in group maintenance of VTK.  However,
> I suggested pkg-scicomp rather than debian-med as VTK isn't
> particularly "medical".

ok. but this is getting confusing:
insighttoolkit is in debian-med
teem/kwwidgets is in debian-science
vtk would be in scicomp

and slicer (which need vtk/itk/teem/kwwidgets) is in ... debian science :)

oh well in the end it should work, the problem that I can see is
synchronization.

Anyway Dominique Belhachemi says he would be trying my vtk package.
That would solve some issue as slicer requires some volumerendering
stuff from vtk 5.2

--
Mathieu