Re: debian package : VTK 5.2

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 05:08:33PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Just FYI:
>
> http://gdcm.svn.sf.net/viewvc/gdcm/Sandbox/debian-med/vtk/
>
> Just like there is an insighttoolkit in debian-med, does it make sense
> to have an unofficial vtk package in debian-med ?

Just for clarity: the insighttoolkit in the debian-med SVN repository
is the OFFICIAL source of Debian packages of ITK.  There's nothing
unofficial about it.

I'm not sure it makes sense to have UNofficial packaging of anything
in debian-med.  Is that a common practice?

Coincidentally, a couple of days ago I asked the vtk maintainer
whether he would be interested in group maintenance of VTK.  However,
I suggested pkg-scicomp rather than debian-med as VTK isn't
particularly "medical".

Cheers,
-Steve