Amazon public data

Dear Charles and who else may be interested in the Amazon clouds,

Slashdot just pointed me to Amazon's service of preparing public data
for the cloud's direct access. A bright move by the EC2 folks, I'd say.
They think about genomes, census data and whatever...and I thought about
Debian-Med images plus public data.

How would you think about asking them to allow for a Debian-Med image to
be regularly auto-updated as public data? The getData
(http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/community/infrastructure/getData/?rev=0&sc=0)
script could possibly be amended to work either with normal
installations or in the amazon fantasy world. We could thus make use of
communities outside of Debian to prepare data and (possibly) win a few
individuals more for our distribution.

Best,

Steffen