Making this list owner of (future) ITPs.

Le Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 12:46:10PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> "I really think we should" ... hmmm.
> I learned that thinking a group should do something will not end up
> in any action.

Hi all,

to increase chances that things are done properly next time, I have commited
the following changes in our group policy:

 			<para>It is a good idea to keep the Debian-Med mailing list
 			<ulink url="mailto:debian-med@lists.debian.org";>debian-med@lists.debian.org</ulink>
-			in CC or forward the response of the BTS that includes the bug
-			number to the mailing list to keep your co-workers informed.</para>
+			<ulink url="http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting#xcc";> in CC</ulink> and to set it
+			as the owner of the ITP	to keep your co-workers informed. This will ensure that we notice
+			if for some reason the package has not been uploaded, when the ITP bug is
+			<ulink url="http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/1127503245.4308.5.camel@cerdita";>
+			automatically closed</ulink> one year later.</para>
 			<para>In addition to this you should add a user tag to this
-			<acronym>WNPP</acronym> bug	to make sure that your intent is in focus
-			of the Debian-Med team.</para>
+			<acronym>WNPP</acronym> bug to indicate which meta-package will likely recommend
+			the new package.</para>

If you object against the potential traffic, we can use the Alioth list instead.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,