Re: plink package in NEW

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Steffen Moeller wrote:

Faheem Mitha wrote:
On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Dominique Belhachemi wrote:

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 13:12 -0400, Faheem Mitha wrote:
Dear Debian Med Developers,

Can you point me to the Debian sources for the plink Debian package that
is currently sitting in NEW?

Sure. ;-)

Vcs-Browser:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/plink/trunk/?rev=0&sc=0

Vcs-Svn:
svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/plink/trunk/

Suggestion: mention the existence of this packaging to the plink people.
Maybe they'll put a link at
http://pngu.mgh.harvard.edu/~purcell/plink/download.shtml or somewhere.

Hello, go ahead, but until the package hits in incoming, there is not
much to talk about, really. Updates to later versions, like the 1.0.4
you are mentioning, are then going quickly. I presume the delay of plink
is because of all the hard work going into Lenny these days. I put
our ftpmaster on the CC line for that case that there are insights to
spread, but probably this email only took more time of our masters.

Ok. Well, I was just thinking of putting links to the svn repos as given above. It is easy to build Debian packages from the source, if one has the packaging (which you provide). This also has the advantage that it does not require a user to wait for updates, but maybe you guys would be fast on updates. However, maybe links to actual packages would be easier regardless.

                                                         Regards, Faheem.