Re: Imported io-lib, a Staden library

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 11:08:09PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I am affraid that our archive administrators will object that this licence
> does not give the right to redistribute (not to mention to copy and modify),
> and that there is no sign that the permission given to the upstream authors is
> also given to Debian. If my worries are justified, is it possible to clarify
> this with 454 Life Sciences Corporation?

Well spotted. I searched back through my email where I asked if I may
use this code (the SFF format had feedback from many people, including
myself, but at least I did take the effort to check that the code to
read it was public). I had a response of "Feel free to take the code
from getsff.c to support the sorted index. There are no licensing
restrictions on that source code." from Jim Knight at 454.com.

I'll contact him again to clarify the redistribution, copy and
modification clauses.

James

--
James Bonfield (jkb@sanger.ac.uk) | Hora aderat briligi. Nunc et Slythia Tova
                                  | Plurima gyrabant gymbolitare vabo;
  A Staden Package developer:     | Et Borogovorum mimzebant undique formae,
https://sf.net/projects/staden/   | Momiferique omnes exgrabure Rathi.