From: Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:25:26
To: <debian-med@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Two apps

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 07:12:10PM -0700, Gerardo E. Arnaez wrote:

> > Gerardo's code. He will have to take care of making it
> > runnable system-wide.
>
> What does this mean?

Currently your script assumes it is called from the
directory it lives in, not from anywhere in the system
(users cannot be expected to cd to /usr/bin/ to run your
programs).

It also assumes that it can import its modules from the
current directory which will not be the case (not even IF a
user CDs to /usr/bin/ because modules will live somewhere
under /usr/share/python/site-packages/ or so.)

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346