Re: Two apps

Le Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 07:20:05PM -0700, Gerardo E. Arnaez a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 9:56 PM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
> > We are not making the final decision if a program is worth being
> > packaged or not; it is the administrators of the Debian FTP archive who
> > do so. I am actually a bit concerned that they will object that
> > prescriptiondue is only two files, but if so we can find a solution at
> > that moment.
>

> Yes. I was thinking about that. ie It fits prefectly for an actual
> doctor who would use it, but i was thinking perhaps I can make it more
> UNIX-y,
> but does that mean i need to write it in C  ?

Hi Gerardo,

I do not think that you have to rewrite your program :) At worse, we may
have to ship it together with another program in the same source
pacakge. But maybe I was too pessimistic; let's try to package it as it
is now. Since it is a Python program, a dedicated Debian package
definitely brings some added value such as managing the compatibility
with different Python versions.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy