Re: Roadmap to Lenny.

Hi Andreas,

Le Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:58:52AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
> >- Getting proper Debtags for our packages.
>
> I added this point to http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMedTodo .
> But effort on this should be done *after* the actual freeze - we have
> about three days left to polish on packages.

In my understanding, packages uploaded now will not be part of Lenny as
when it freezes they will still be in Sid. Of course, if the upload
fixes things relevant to the release, I guess that we can negociate with
a good debdiff on debian-release@l.d.o…

> >- Translating the package descriptions.
>
> Very good point but I'm a little bit frustrated about this.

> I hope to
> be able to enhance this situation at debconf ...

Yes, definitely talking directly should reduce the risk of
misunderstandings.

> >- Translating the menu entries.
>
> Hmmm, what do you mean here?

It was unfortunately so well hidden in Bill's announcement that even the
i18n team was not aware of it, but there was a call for translating the
.menu entries via a .po file:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/05/msg00011.html

> >- Polishing the www.debian.org/devel/debian-med web pages.
>
> Uhhhm, yeees.  I wished I would find some motivation for this - the page
> definitely needs more love!

As not everybody has write access to the website, please any of the
readers do not hesitate to make suggestions. I intend to :

 - Write a summary of the novelties of Debian Med 1.0.
 - Finish the transition to Alioth for the bigest tasks pages.
 - Write a summary of the multiple alignments programs in Debian because
   I think that we have now a nice collection that desserves being
   advertised.
 - Update here and there.

> Apropos DebConf:  Who of the readers of this list will be there???

Nope, but please support those who want Debconf in Japan some day ;)

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,