Re: Imported io-lib, a Staden library

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, James Bonfield wrote:

figure out quite what causes the newer versions to crash and
to either fix my bug or to submit a bug fix to tcl/tk if it resides
there.

Hmmm,  I try to look very naively on the problem now:

  Io_lib is a library of file reading and writing code to provide a general
  purpose trace file (and Experiment File) reading interface.

So naively spoken this is a library for input output operations
which do not necessarily need a GUI.  But Tcl/Tk is a GUI tool
(hmmm, well, I don't like it, but that might be me) and from the
description this is not part of io_lib - but something else.

Could it be that you should try to split io_lib into

    general-purpose-trace-file_io-lib (or some more sexy name)
    general-purpose-trace-file_gui    (with the Tcl/Tk stuff)

?

Other projects might depend just from the first library and we might
circumvent strange Tcl/Tk issues.