Re: Imported io-lib, a Staden library

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:

io-lib is a library from the Staden package that is also available
independantly. As we have problems handling the whole Staden package,
and as I had a preliminary package hanging around on my hard drive, I
uploaded it to our repository.

Thanks.  I also had some trouble when I gave staden a try some time
ago and that I want to add the remark that we should definitely try to
settle down with one copy of io-lib inside Debian (either the separate
or the one whic is in the staden tarball).  Moreover I want to repeat
my preconceive that io-lib is a quite generic name for a very specific
think - perhaps upstream (in CC) might think about this again.

Again, I do not plan to push hard on
getting it in Debian before the release.

IMHO we are not in a hurry with this.  But I want to use this chance
to ping our fellow Debian developers at Sanger to consider some cooperation
with the internal Debian project that really targets at their application.
He, guys please have another look at the project and perhaps visit

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio.html

or if it is rather about development of biological applications

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio-dev.html

Please consider sharing your work with the Debian community and
if you think the currently existing stuff is "not good for you" just
try it to tweak it into something that is good enough for you (and
other people out there).