Re: Giving away CTN

On Thu, 22 May 2008, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:

I'd just like to let you know that I'm fine with the proposed solution to trim
down ctn to just a lib if possible. As said earlier I think at least some
action needs to be taken before lenny.

BTW, I have read in README.Debian:

  3. CTN can be compiled to support a single SQL server.
  The Debian package supports only the MySQL database. The upstream
  version allows a choice of other SQL servers that could be used.

So if the very old mysql database support is the problem, any reason
why psql is explicitely excluded?  Perhaps we could find a solution
by just excluding mysql and including PostgreSQL.  I'm a little bit
hesitant to change something because we might break ctsim (and
unfortunately Kevin seems MIA - ping Keving, just drop us a SHORT
note to help us starting some reasonable action).