Re: Giving away CTN

On Fri, 23 May 2008, Kevin Rosenberg wrote:

I did reply a few days ago to an email question sent to me asking
about how ctsim uses ctn.

Sorry - I seemed to have missed that.

To repeat, ctsim uses the ctn to read/write
dicom compatible files for both image import/export and raw ct data
import.

I guess you are using only some of the 79 binaries which ctn installs
under /usr/bin.  If I try

$ for ctntool in `ls` ; do if ldd $ctntool | grep -q mysql ; then echo $ctntool; fi ; done
archive_agent
archive_cleaner
archive_server
clone_study
commit_agent
ctnnetwork
dump_commit_requests
enq_ctnnetwork
fillImageDB
fillRSA
fillRSAImpInterp
fis_server
image_server
kill_ctnnetwork
load_control
pq_ctnnetwork
print_server
ris_gateway
send_results
send_study
simple_pacs
storage_commit
ttdelete
ttinsert
ttlayout
ttselect
ttunique
ttupdate

we have a list of those tools that are linked against mysql.  Could you
commit that these tools are not needed (neither directly or indirectly)
by ctsim and we could just leave them out?

ctsim does not use any of the database features of ctn. I
haven't had much else to say since I'm unware of what the issue is
with ctn.

The issue is that it is using old unmaintained code which is a bad idea
in general.

I spent about 20 hours working on ctsim at the beginning of the year
porting it to wxwindows 2.8. While the port of ctsim compiles fine
without warnings, a sigsegv occurs during the wxwindows font
initialization with gtk, apparently before ctsim's application code is
invoked. Working with the wxwindows maintainer, we were not able to
figure out the cause of the problem.

Is there any VCS to check out the current state?  Is there any log
of the emails you exchanged with the wxwindows maintainer?