Re: Giving away CTN

Hi,

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 03:20:32PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 21 May 2008, Michael Hanke wrote:
>
>> Quick note: CTN seems to be already part of the debian-med SVN:
>>
>> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/ctn/?rev=0&sc=0
>
> Yes, it is - but it is not really Debian Med policy conformant.  It would
> be great to use only debian dir + patches.  On the other hand this package
> might make sense to include with full upstream source if upstream is dead.
> I'd regard an uploaded package in team maintenance as higher priority for
> the moment than polishing it to fit the policy strictly.
>
> Please ask for help if you think you are in trouble meeting the Lenny
> freeze right in time.  I think we might have good reasons to convince
> release managers to let ctsim, dicomnifti and ctn-dev through - but it
> is better to meet the deadline.
Well, I can already do that: Please help!

Currently, I'm swamped with PhD work. But I wonder if there really is an
urgent need for quick action. CTN has 2 open bugs -- I've seen worse in
Debian ;-) One bug simply documents the MySQL issue and the other is just
cosmetic. I see no reason why CTN as it is now should not be in lenny (which
it already is, BTW).

As I said, for my purposes a libctn-dev would be sufficient if the rest
is broken anyway, but I still would like to hear the ctsim maintainer if
that is reasonable for him as well. And as he is also the former CTN
maintainer he should know much better than me.

Cheers,

Michael

--
GPG key:  1024D/3144BE0F Michael Hanke