Re: Giving away CTN

On Wed, 21 May 2008, Michael Hanke wrote:

Well, I can already do that: Please help!

Currently, I'm swamped with PhD work. But I wonder if there really is an
urgent need for quick action.

There is - because the maintainer asked for action (and I think he is right).
Unmaintained / unused code just sucks and we should only provide what is
actually used.

CTN has 2 open bugs -- I've seen worse in Debian ;-)

Hey - we are Debian Med - we try to be _better_ than usual Debian. ;-)))

As I said, for my purposes a libctn-dev would be sufficient if the rest
is broken anyway, but I still would like to hear the ctsim maintainer if
that is reasonable for him as well. And as he is also the former CTN
maintainer he should know much better than me.

Well, ctsim definitely needs ctn-dev (according to Build-Depends) and it
lists ctn in the depends.  Kevin could you please comment on this?  Is
there any option to just remove mysql stuff by some command line option
or something like this.  Please keep us informed.  I have a five hour
railway trip tomorrow wher I could do some Debian work - but if I have
no info I'll be bound to other (not less important things).

BTW, I would also really like to see ctsim updated.  For instance it
contains a debian/.gitignore file which on the one hand does not really
belong into the package source on the other hand is a sign that it is
maintained in a VCS but the control file is lacking Vcs fields.  I
also would really like to see a Homepage field because the package
disturbs our fine tasks list and group maintenance sound like a good
idea as well.  On the other hand I guess #462189 is the larger problem
of this package ...