Re: Patch format

On Mon, 19 May 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:

Author: Name <email>
Forwarded: no | URL | email
If not forwarded, explanation is provided in the subsequent lines.
Longer description possible but optional.
License: Same as <upsream program> itself. (optional)

I also added a Date: field below the Forwarded: field which I would regard
optional - but for my personal use I regard it useful.

In the end I recommend to use the same license as the upstream sources
for the packaging work, unless they are weird or borderline.

I agree here, but if we use always the same as upstream this field
becomes redundant.

PS: and let's follow the opinion of Daniel to not encode the status of
the patch in its name.

ACK.