Re: Patch format (was: [med-svn] r1888 - in trunk/packages/glam2/trunk/debian: . patches)

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 07:40:34PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> I just read one of the messages of Pierre Habouzit, in which he says
> that for the glibc packages the forward status is also encoded in the
> patch name.

That doesn't seem wise to me.  Whether it is forwarded or not is a
status, which changes over time.  I'm not about to rename a patch
simply because I've forwarded it upstream.  I may edit the preamble.

My 2 cents,
-Steve