Re: Treeplot source vanished / broken links

Le Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 04:40:20PM +0100, Olivier Langella a écrit :

> I think that "treeplot" is outdated. "Treeviewx" is an equivalent that
> works great and it is already packaged.

Bonjour Olivier,

actually, we have display problems with the Treeview X binaries that we
distribute. They are not completely reproducible, but can be quite
annoying. Fortunately, we also have NJplot, that also ships
command-line tree plotters, newicktotxt and newicktops. Since treeplot
seems to offer a greater variety of outputs, I think that it would still
be a useful addition to Debian.

> Thank you for the link, if anyone still need "treeplot", I will test
> those patches.

I just generated them, they are here:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/treeplot/trunk/debian/patches/from-Vincent.patch?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

> Yes you can replace "treeplot" with "populations". I would be pleased if
> "populations" became a Debian package.

We can have both :)

Have a nice day,

--