Re: ITK Python Bindings

Steve,

Thanks so much for doing this. I more expected this to end up as yet
another item on the bottom of your TODO list.

Looking at the ITK source, it seems that WrapITK has in fact been
incorporated into the main distribution, but the documentation doesn't
seem to have been updated to reflect this. And all the python examples
still seem to use the original cswig wrappers. Its a bit unfortunate,
since the WrapITK bindings do seem to be a lot nicer to use, but I
think sticking with the original bindings is probably still the best
plan.

If you have the binary package built and would be willing to throw it
up on people.debian.org so I can quickly give it a go, that would be
awesome, but if its much of a hassle, I can pull it from SVN. I should
really take the time to learn how to build packages from source
anyways.

Is the best way to check the package's progress into the official
repository by periodically looking at
http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html ? As you can probably tell, I'm
still orienting myself to the Debian packaging procedure.

Thanks again,
-Gabriel