ITK Python Bindings

Does anyone know where I can find a way to get ITK python bindings to
work with the ITK deb packages?

According to http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Configuring_and_Building, the
deb packages are built with python support, but I must be missing
something since I can't import InsightToolkit into python, and all the
python examples from the insighttoolkit-examples package error out,
telling me the same thing: "No Module named InsightToolkit"

Truth be told, I actually haven't managed to get the ITK bindings to
work from source either, mostly for lack of trying, since I'd rather
do it with a package manager. If you think this would be easier, and
happen to know where I can find some instructions, I'd appreciate that
too. http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Python_Wrapping talks about how to do
it on Windows, but the Linux section is empty.

Thanks!
-Gabriel