Re: [RFS] muscle

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:

Actually, I tend to remove debian/compat in the packages using CDBS,
because in that case it uses the highest value available, thus solving
the backporting issues.

Ah, this is interesting.  Did I missed a piece of documentation?
I'd be in favour of deleting useles debian/compat files.  But what
about versioned debhelper build dependencies?

(By the way, I am swiching a lot of packages to CDBS; if it is an issue,
I am of course open to discussion. I am usually doing this only if the
resulting debian/rules files is really minimal).

I have heard several people complaining about cdbs.  I use it myself in
cases where tweaking the rules files can be done easily and stay away
from cdbs for somplex packages - IMHO excatly the intended procedure.