Re: [RFS] muscle

Hi!

On Feb 11, 2008 9:51 AM, Charles Plessy
<charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org> wrote:
> Hi Nelson, thank you for the upload.

You are welcome.

> Actually, I tend to remove debian/compat in the packages using CDBS,
> because in that case it uses the highest value available, thus solving
> the backporting issues.

Hum...
I created the compat file because I saw this message while building muscle:

dh_clean: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.

But looking at the log there is an "echo 5 >debian/compat" before it
starts to build (you can see the build log at
http://people.debian.org/~naoliv/misc/muscle_3.70+fix1-1.build)

Maybe a bug (feature?) of dh_clean?

> Did not work (on Etch):
>
> sorbet【trunk】$ uscan --report-status
> uscan warning: In debian/watch,
>   no matching hrefs for watch line
>   http://www.drive5.com/muscle/download3.6.html downloads.*/muscle(.*)_src\.tar\.gz
>
> How is it working on others' systems ?

Strange...
Using uscan from gluck (devscripts 2.8.14, from sarge), I see this:

naoliv@gluck:~/a$ uscan --report
uscan warning: In debian/watch,
  no matching hrefs for watch line
  http://www.drive5.com/muscle/download3.6.html
downloads.*/muscle(.*)_src\.tar\.gz

The same result from you. But see:

naoliv@gluck:~/a$ uscan --report --verbose
-- Scanning for watchfiles in .
-- Found watchfile in ./debian
-- In debian/watch, processing watchfile line:
   opts="dversionmangle=s/\+.*$//;s/0$//"
http://www.drive5.com/muscle/download3.6.html
downloads.*/muscle(.*)_src\.tar\.gz
-- Found the following matching hrefs:
     downloads3.7/muscle3.7_src.tar.gz
     downloads3.6/muscle3.6_src.tar.gz
Newest version on remote site is 3.7, local version is 3.70+fix1
 (mangled local version number 3.7)
 => Package is up to date
-- Scan finished

I can't explain why this happens :-/

But on unstable (and probably testing too) it is working.

Best regards,
Nelson