Countdown to hijack bioperl.

Le Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 02:54:24PM +0200, Steffen Moeller a écrit :

> Concerning BioPerl it builds fine and is usable. This perl svn package is not
> really needed, is it?

Hi Steffen,

Indeed, BioPerl could be uploaded now. The missing cpan packages are
listed in the Recommends: field, so their absence would not prevent the
installation. David is making fast progress in their packaging
(http://wiki.debian.org/BioPerl), so I would recommend to open a RC bug
on bioperl, and closing when he is done, so that a broken BioPerl does
not migrate to testing. For unstable, since there is no regression from
the current pacakge, I think that the situaiton would be acceptable.

By the way, I had a private mail from a member of the QA team telling me
to remove the MIA maintainer of Emboss. Since he is also the current
maintainer of Bioperl, I think that we can remove him before uploading
a hijacked package.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy