Re: Many changes in Exonerate packaging.

> >>  The Debian packaging is (C) 2007, Steffen Moeller
> >> <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> and -is licensed under the GPL, see
> >> `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL'. +is licensed under the LGPL, see
> >> `/usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL'.
> >
> > I always feel a bit guilty when the Debian packaging has a more
> > restrictive licence than the packaged program itself... But I will of
> > course revert this change if I do not have a formal agreement from you.
>
> Well, I don't think that the extra restrictions really affect the packaging
> stuff so I would consider both lines as equivalent.
I tend to agree with Andreas. Consider to add yourself to the (C), Charles.

> > I took a different approach for providing the symlinks, using dh_link.
> I would always recommend this whenever possible.
Hm. Right.

> Were there any actual problems that prevented exonerate to go into the
> NEW queue - the fixes are reasonable but none of them fix a problem that
> would have prevented the former packaging from an upload.

The packaging was from my pre-DD times.
I had never submitted it. Sounds like a good plan, though.

Concerning BioPerl it builds fine and is usable. This perl svn package is not
really needed, is it?

Many greetings

Steffen