Re: Many changes in Exonerate packaging.

Le Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 01:20:47PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> Could you please a little bit more verbose (links?) on this fact?
> I have never heard about QC measures that depend on package priority.

Hi,

There has been at least one attempt to install all packages to see if
they interact badly with each other (also at build time). But Priority:
extra packages are not included as they are allowed to conflict with
each other: it is therefore not possible to install all of them.

I admit that it is not a hughe benefit... but it the future, I guess
that that kind of efforts will be more and more frequent.

> Were there any actual problems that prevented exonerate to go into the
> NEW queue - the fixes are reasonable but none of them fix a problem that
> would have prevented the former packaging from an upload.

As Steffen said, it had an unfinshed taste which would surely have not
pleased the FTP team. One .ex file, the symlinks to the manpages not
included, a lintian error about the copyright file, ...

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org