Re: New pacakge containing binaries with same name as some from the packages cons, pscan and hsffig.

Le Tue, May 01, 2007 at 08:30:11PM -0400, Aaron M. Ucko a écrit :
> Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:
>
> >    1. Ask upstream to use em_* names - or rename all binaries according
> >       to this (probably not reasonable because users own scripts will
> >       fail.
> >    2. Use the wrapper method like PhyLip packae does.
>
> I would endorse any combination of these first two.

Hi all,

I think that in the absence of answer from the other maintainers, we
will not have much choice anyway.

So let us wait, say one month, and if nothing happens I would :

- move everything in /usr/lib/emboss,
- provide symlinks in /usr/bin, with em_ prefixes when necessary,
- tell to the user via README.Debian to modify his PATH for bypassing the
  em_* binaries.
- file bugs against the other packages according to policy.

In two weeks, I will re-send an email to their maintainers.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org