Re: Packaging EMBOSS and data for EMBOSS

Charles Plessy <charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org> writes:

> many thanks for the upload. Indeed, the reason why we used experimental

No problem.

> is that we suspected that EMBOSS is not yet suitable for unstable from a
> QA point of view. The problems with the libraries are a bit hard for me,
> so do not hesitate to give a few more hints if you have more time.

I put together a patch for both issues the other day, but something
seems to have blocked my attempt to mail it out, so I've instead put
it up at http://people.debian.org/~ucko/emboss_4.1.0-1.0.interdiff .

At any rate, the unresolved references are pretty straightforward to
address by taking care to set *LIBS and *LIBADD appropriately in the
relevant Makefile.am files and rerunning automake1.9 (though you must
then also adjust debian/rules to make install in the right order).
The rpath entries, meanwhile, stem from configure's incorrect belief
that amd64 systems look for system libraries (only) in /usr/lib64; I
excised the relevant code.

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.