Re: Working on BioImage Suite 2.5 beta source tree

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Michael Hanke wrote:

[ I will reply to the FSL, volpack topic later, to not hijack the thread
 ;-) ]

ACK. :)

Ok, I subscribed, but where should it be discussed?

My guess is "Source Code Issues" ...

I looked for a post
by somebody from this list or about Debian and I found nothing. There is
also no forum where a Debian packaging could fit (besided general
discussion).

I think Xenios was refering to this one - at least regarding the
time stamp of the single posting there seems related to his posting
on the Debian-Med mailing list.

While I accept the idea to discuss there (although I do not understand
the necessity),

Xenios gave reasons in private mail - just ask him for clarification.

I am hoping to move back to lists.debian.org ASAP. We
will have a hard time getting other DD to respond in some upstream forum
instead of a Debian list if we need help at some point. Additonally we
have no idea if all information that is posted their has the same
lifetime wrt to URL stability as the Debian list archives.

I share your concerns about this method.  On the other hand we
might need helping hands of upstream developers and if this is their
prefered method for communication we should try it at least for the
initial packaging.