Re: Can somebody sponsor dialign-t

Le Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 09:56:38PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> >Downgraded dialign-t-data to recommends.
> >apt-get and aptitude will install dialign-t-data together with
> >dialign-t, unless the user overrides this.
>
> I would disagree with this if dialign-t does not work without dialign-t-data
> installed (which is what I understood from Charles explanation).  If
> dialign-t _Depends_ from the data we should exactly express this fact and
> should not relay on the behaviour of apt-get.

Hi all,

dialign-t (the program) will not work without dialign-t-data (the
package) unless the user knows what he is doing and provides a path to
alternative matrices in the command line. If dialign-t Recommends:
dialign-t-data, then it is possible to uninstall dialign-t-data and to
use alternative matrices in /usr/share/dialign-t under a name taken by
some of the ones distributed by dialign-t-data. In the end, I hardly
can find a reason why somebody would want to do that. So let's Depend:
dialign-t-data. Sorry for changing my mind twice :)

> Ahh, and I would suggets '=' instead of '>='.  There is probably no
> guarantee that higher versions of dialign-t will work with old data
> packages.  To make the system consistent I would force same source
> versions installed.

Good point: new upstream version could use a default matrix which is not
present in the current one.

I have commited the changes in the SVN,

Good night and afternoon,

--