Re: Can somebody sponsor dialign-t

Hi!

On Nov 14, 2007 12:41 PM, Charles Plessy
<charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org> wrote:
> do not hesitate to send the diff uncompressed when it is so small :)

Right :-)

> -Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
> +Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, dialign-t-data (>=${source:Version})
>
> Actually, since one can override the default data files by some command
> line options, dialign-t can technically work without dialign-t-data,
> although I do not expect users to decide to install one without the
> other. But now I wonder if this fits the renewed interpretation of what
> Recommends: means, now that front-ends to dpkg install them by default.
> What is your opinion? For the same reason, I still think that we can
> leave the doc with the binary files.

Downgraded dialign-t-data to recommends.
apt-get and aptitude will install dialign-t-data together with
dialign-t, unless the user overrides this.

And all the docs are installed together with dialign-t.

> +Package: dialign-t-data
> +Architecture: all
> +Depends: ${misc:Depends}
> +Recommends: dialign-t (>= ${source:Version})
>
> I think that I would only Suggest: dialign-t, to avoir a relationship
> which would be too circular.

It won't be circular (as Andreas explained on the other email).

I have commited the changes on SVN. Consider them as suggestions :-)

Good night! (probably morning when you read this) :-)

Best regards,
Nelson