Re: Autoconf problem (Was: Packaging of aeskulap for Debian and dcmtk issue)

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, Andreas Tille wrote:

But at some point you have to tell the build scripts to actually
use the dcmtk libraries and how. Otherwise you'll get loads of
unresolved symbols.

Sure.  I think I'll dive into this at the weekend (except if
someone else is faster than me ;-) ).

Soo guys - nobody was faster than me.  I'm proud to have won
this. ;-))

I just checked in some preliminary stuff at

    http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/aeskulap/trunk/debian

It was a little bit tricky to write a reasonable get-orig-source.
I relayed on the installation of the autotools and some other packages
that are nneded to accomplish

   1. Patching Makefile.am / configure.in
   2. Run autoreconf
   3. Run ./configure; make dist

I decided for this change because it should be safe against upstream
version changes.

This works so far to build the package until the build process reaches
a certain point were the linker claims

/usr/lib/libdcmnet.so: undefined reference to `hosts_access'
/usr/lib/libdcmnet.so: undefined reference to `request_set'
/usr/lib/libdcmnet.so: undefined reference to `request_init'

Jürgen, could you be so kind to comment on this problem.  I'm sure
you would have a clue what might be missing here.