Re: Status of Medical Image NetCDF (minc) library

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, Michael Hanke wrote:

I have made packages of:

- ebtks
- libgetopt-tabular-perl
- libmni-perllib-perl
- mni-autoreg
- mni-autoreg-model
- mni-n3

They should be working and (to some degree) be policy-compliant.

Ahhh - I'm happy that I asked about. ;-)

All these packages are (or were) dependencies of Freesurfer

http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/

which is about to become free software -- although it is in that state
for several months now. :(

Well, this situation is not really new - but some patience sometimes
helps ...

I'm not very interested in the above packages, but planned to maintain
them to get Freesurfer into Debian. However, as long as the license
situation of Freesurfer does not permit that, I'm not planing to do any
further work on them (even filing ITP bugs).

If someone wants to take them over, I'm happy to provide the
Debian-diffs as a starting point for the packages.

Well, I guess it would absolutely not harm if you would make
the Debian source packages available anywhere to let somebody
pick this up.  At least adding the inofficial packages into
our med-imaging task file to let the stuff show up in our
web pages at one day would be a great enhancement in any case.
It would at least stop people spending their time on doing jobs
that are just done.