Status of Medical Image NetCDF (minc) library

Hi,

I tried to dive into BioImageSuite preconditions and stumbled about the
fact that they mention "MINC20-OCT07.tar.gz" which seems to refer to
the minc2.0 library.  I found out that the Debian packaged version is
1.5 (which is lagging a bug fix release behind upstream) and that there
are several archives at the download page
   http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/tgz/
with versions up to 2.0.14.  The WHATSNEW-2.0 file in this archive
documents until 'Release 2.0.09 ("beta 5")' so I tried to find some
web pages that explain the situation.  I found

   http://wiki.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/index.php/MINC
   http://wiki.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/index.php/WhatIsMINC2

which both seems to be outdated (at least both more than one year
older than the quite recently released code.  The first link on the
web page points to

   http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/software/minc/minc.html

which contains a link to a _very_ outdated source version (1.2).

So the situation what our real targt should be is at best "unclear".
Could anybody take some time to clarify the situation with upstream?

I also filed a "New version available" bug (#450922) against minc
(that somehow seemed to miss its target source package and that's why
I reassigned it to mint-tools - there seems to be a bug in debbugs
and I asked for clarification about this at debian-devel).
In this bug report I also suggested team maintainance of minc.

BTW, if browsing the source archive directory

   http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/tgz/

there seems to be some other interesting software.  Could anybody
try to evaluate what's there and if there are any other targets?