Re: 3D reconstruction from CT scan slices

* Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> [071012 11:25]:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Dimitrios Eftaxiopoulos wrote:
>
> >The open source finite element package "freefem3d" looks promising for such
> >analyses.
>
> Unfortunately I can not comment on this because I have no knowledge in
> this field.  But if it turns out that freefem3d is in fact useful for
> medical research it would be nice if somebody would mention this explicitely
> here on this list and suggest a category in which we could perhaps
> Suggest / Recommend this package in Debian-Med.

As already mentioned on debian-science, VTK (http://www.vtk.org/)
is almost the de facto standard for volume rendering in medical
imaging.  However, VTK is more a development toolkit rather than
an end user application like Mimics, which is what the original
poster initially asked for.

It seems Amide has some volume rendering capabilities, but I
have never used them by myself. I also don't know to what extent
the Amide package in Sid supports volume rendering, because
of the missing volpack thingy.

Best regards - Juergen

--
GPG A997BA7A | 87FC DA31 5F00 C885 0DC3  E28F BD0D 4B33 A997 BA7A