Re: Wishlist time

Il giorno Sat, 6 Oct 2007 23:18:24 +0200 (CEST)
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> ha scritto:

> Sounds really great - even if I do not really see this bug report listing
> on the page - but I guess it's a minor thing.

It's what I'm working now.

I've got some problems regarding the generation of the static HTML from inside
Python. I've found a _really_ useful Python module to do this (ll.xist), but,
as soon as I add all the dependencies, it misses a "_url" module, which I don't
know where it comes from.

As soon as I fix this, the static page will be ready.

> If you ask me, we should reduce the length of the SVN commit list drastically
> (3-5 items and add a "more ..." link to a longer list).

I'll do this, thank you.

> Then I would like to come back to my proposal list
>
>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2007/10/msg00001.html
>
> which for several items needs some basic infrastructure done first (like
> pseudo control files containing urls and descriptions for porgrams that are
> not yet included.

Right.
As I've already said, I'm leaving for University classes tonight. So I won't
have the time I've spent in the last days for Debian-Med (or any other team I
belong to).

I'll work on this offline, and when I get a connection (only on weekends), I'll
test everything on Alioth. You're warned that the website might break up ;)

> For the moment I would love to see a
>     http://qa.debian.org/developer.php - like page
> (as I tried to describe in item 2. of my mail above).

As regarding the Bugs section, we'll have those info via SOAP.

About the versions / popcon / watchfile / $other_fields, it is possible I'll
have to reinvent the wheel, i.e. I'll have to parse debian/control files, ...

> Also we could need some popcon stats - perhaps in the really impressive
> way Charles proposed in
>
>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2007/10/msg00011.html

Well, that link redirects to the QA-page!

Instead, I think we can get something by looking at

	http://qa.debian.org/data/

I haven't had much time to deeply look at it, but I'm quite sure that the
information we need is all there ;)

> Thanks for all your input.  It is really apreciated and there is no problem
> if you would have higher priority tasks than this - you just gave a new
> momentum to the project.

Thank you :)

I hope Debian-Med will become _really_ useful also for me (who is studying
Odontology -- and there aren't many Odontology free software, if any, in
general :( )

> Kind regards
>           Andreas.

Kindly,