Re: Proposal :)

Il giorno Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:20:38 +0200 (CEST)
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> ha scritto:

> On Sun, 30 Sep 2007, David Paleino wrote:

> > I've created #debian-med on OFTC
> > (irc://irc.oftc.net/debian-med), you could join whenever you want :) (and we
> > should promote it in our wiki-pages, in our debian.org/ page and in our
> > debian-med.alioth.debian.org page). The IRC channel might be a point to let
> > our users contact us -- most people are not fond of mailing lists, because
> > scared of receiving tons of emails.
>
> I really agree with you except of one minor point:  I would really like to
> have it hosted on the same server as all the other Debian channels.

It's the server once named irc.debian.org: most debian channels are there ;)

(thus I'm cutting the rest of the reply ;) )

> > Second, why don't we create something better than a _wiki_ on
> > http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org ? That's the main page for most of
> > Alioth's projects. I've actually added a link to redirect people on the
> > wiki, but we can do better :)
>
> I'm sorry, I think I do not completely understand what you mean with this
> hint.

I think that a Wiki is kinda "limited". If we do something on that alioth space
(possibly in PHP), we could, for example, show the group's activity, add forms
to let people join in, write some news, ... . You can't do this in a Wiki.

Kindly,
David

P.S.: why is my message marked as spam? (ok, I don't know german, but the word
"spam" seems to be international ;) ) -- I'm posting via gmane.org usenet
gateway.

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://snipurl.com/qa_page/
 : :'  :  Linuxer #334216  |  http://www.hanskalabs.net/