Re: [RKI-Spam-Verdacht] Proposal :)

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007, David Paleino wrote:

First of all, why don't we use an IRC channel?

Good question - I was about to ask for this.
Personally I'd like to stay away from chatting techniques because I tend
to think that it is drawing another chunk of time from your limited amount
of time.  But I will not put this personal opinion on you in any way.

I've created #debian-med on OFTC
(irc://irc.oftc.net/debian-med), you could join whenever you want :) (and we
should promote it in our wiki-pages, in our debian.org/ page and in our
debian-med.alioth.debian.org page). The IRC channel might be a point to let our
users contact us -- most people are not fond of mailing lists, because scared
of receiving tons of emails.

I really agree with you except of one minor point:  I would really like to have
it hosted on the same server as all the other Debian channels.  I did not took
the time to find out how to ask for such a channel - that's the only reason
why it does not exist.  Do you know whether it is possible to move a channel?
My problem is: If the #debian-med channel on a different server becomes established
it might be hard to move it somewhere else - so we should rather ask for it
now instead of waiting.  So please do not think that I critise your engagement
which is perfectly welcome - I just think that the location matters ...

Second, why don't we create something better than a _wiki_ on
http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org ? That's the main page for most of Alioth's
projects. I've actually added a link to redirect people on the wiki, but we can
do better :)

I'm sorry, I think I do not completely understand what you mean with this
hint.

Third... well, something will come to my mind :)

Always welcome.

Have a nice day,

Same to you

          Andreas.